Thursday, June 7, 2007

Paris back to court...

So after dinner tonight, I stop by my local watering hole for a nightcap. In the Ladies' I meet a couple of women, both of whom seem very nice. Afterwards, I go to the bar and I'm having my drink. One of the women, from the Ladies' is putting some pressure on the bartender, whom I know and like. Anyway, she's insisting that he go out with her friend, and she's inching and inching behind the bar. She's more drunk now than she was earlier. I've never known that to be acceptable behavior, the getting behind the bar. But it has nothing to do with me, so I stay out of it. Besides, he handles it well, jovially dances her back to the right side of the bar, but she won't give up on him going out with her friend. I don't know if it's a bar rule, or a bartender's rule, but he won't date regulars. Although I do enjoy flirting with a bartender, I doubt I'd ever date one, whom I met at his job. I'm sure you can understand. Anyway, somebody had given the friend a phone number, that was either the barman's number, or was supposed to be...this is where the information is a little unclear. The barmaid had told the woman at least twice not to hit anybody, I know that I missed something, but I'm not sure what. Anyway, I'm standing, and there on my right is a guy I'd just met. On my right is a good-looking guy, although I spoke with him much of the evening, and he didn't seem at all stupid. In spite of the fact that his eyes lingered below my face, I'd hang with him again. He had an air of a "dumb gallute" but again, he's smarter than he seems. On my left was my friend, also a guy, but much smaller. He's got muscles, but he's compact. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but he's also very light in the loafers. This girl is drunker than she was earlier, is looking like she's giving me the evil eye, and she works her way towards us. I am not nearly drunk enough to get into anything, so I work my way away...anyway, she slaps the guy to my right, who just takes it, and then she slaps my light loafered friend. He threw a glass of wine in her face. The contents of which landed all over my back, and various parts of various other people. She then left. I presume it was with her boyfriend, who was an ex-marine, or an ex-boyfriend, who is a marine, I'm not really sure, but it was exciting.

I do remember that I was going to talk about Scooter, but I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment. When I got home, I thought that I was out of gin. I wasn't, I still had half of a bottle of Beefeaters. I bought it when I lived in NY. I had expected someone who never visited. Perhaps I should have gotten Tangeray Ten.

Plus I'm also very put off with what is happening to Paris Hilton. She should not have to go back to court. What's currently going on is about right. By the by, Rick Solomon used to run scripts for Gary Kluger, whose brother Steven roomed with Rick Lazio, shill for Hillary Clinton and Lloyd Braun, producer of "Lost" whose actor Michelle Roduguze got off for the same incident for less than a day......

No comments: