Saturday, June 9, 2007

apartment

Last night I get a notice from JPI that they need to be in my unit for four days next week. They want all the contents out of my coat closet, and my dog secured by 9am Monday, and they won't be finished until 5pm on Thursday, they need to install prefab framing, hang sheet-rock, skim, sand and texture, set trim, brackets for shelving, paint, install shelving, touch up, clean up. A four day job. The closet is finished, it has paint, texture and wire shelves. Apparently, the ADA (they didn't tell me what the ADA is, I looked it up) has after six months, been informed about my non-compliant closet, and now, they must punish me, with paint fumes and the dust of sheet-rock. As a rule, when a guest who wears a coat, would like it hung up, I do it. I hang up any guest's coat, without regard to their handicap. Doesn't matter if their in a wheelchair, on crutches, blind, or simply hard of listening. It is not a reflection on whatever it is that happens to be not quite right with them. If a member of Americans with Disabilities Association would like something from my closet, I'll get it, just let me know. Would you want me going into your closet? Of course not.

It's ridiculous to me that a brand new complex, would be constantly doing this. We needed to have better notice and a better explanation. I suppose it's possible that this place is just badly managed, after all, they just drained a brand new pool so that they could paint it. Really.

What I think is more likely, my stalkers are striking again. Look at me sideways all you like, but General Electric has put about $500 million dollars into JPI, and this could be Steven Kluger's parting shot. Any thought on who GE's going to get to replace him?

No comments: