Tuesday, May 15, 2007

come on

On Monday morning I was walking my dog, and noticed that the dumpster in the back of the building, which had been overflowing had been emptied, but the overflow was still all around on the ground. I let the management know this, and as it turns out, there was a court date that afternoon. It regarded the burglar I'd caught in my apartment. I had received no summons, so I call the detective and he asks me to come to court. I go, it turns out that the guy pleas guilty and nobody has to testify after all. So I leave. I'm on the road and just as I have the thought that nobody had swarmed me on the way to court, I thought that I might make it home without any harassment. Silly silly me. I'm wondering if my "friends" have put a tele-path on the payroll. I got home fine, but I was emotionally drained. I had to sleep, I couldn't keep my plans that night. They know that it has this effect on me, it isn't a secret. So they figured that since I'd left my house today, they'd apologize. They know apologizing affects me in very much the same way. But that's okay, because it's all about them. I didn't want to actually "do" anything for my entire life anyway.

You know that scene in "American Splendor" when our anti-hero is stuck in the check-out line behind the woman who's trying to get a special price on glasses, imagine that every single day, for your entire adult life. Now that's living?

I've asked for six months. I do not ask anybody to interfere with my enemies attacks on me, just that my friends not make things worse. Isn't that little enough? Maybe I won't be able to accomplish anything, but would it really be a tragedy if I do?

No comments: