Monday, December 3, 2007

Why didn't she go?

Why didn't Hillary Clinton not want to go to the DNC meeting? I hope it was more than just ducking the press. I hope it was more than just wanting a day off to sit at home with her mother and play the mommy card. What does she need deniability about? Why didn't she attend?

In Politico, a guy sounding like a sycophant of the campaign said wonderful things about her photo op. He said terrific things about her camp, keeping her on schedule, only to be shown up the next by the weather, which kept her from her appointments. He said she looked presidential, which I agree she looked the part, after everything was over. I just don't agree that cloistering yourself at home with your mother is the sort of thing a respected and trusted leader does.

By the way CNN, as for that report you did, outside HRC's empty office, during the town's Christmas Parade, I enjoyed the Nutcracker music in the background.

Now that Gillian Gibbons is on her way home, and everything is all over, I'm sure we can expect at any moment a display of HRC's leadership prowess. Man, is she tough?

No comments: