Sunday, December 30, 2007

Back off Friend

If I want my neighbor to turn his music down, that’s my business. I’m the one to have the conversation. It is not to you to tell stories, or make threats or negotiate my future. It is not for you to arrange for my friends not to contact me. You’re insane.

You are not required to understand me, or why I am the way I am. You are not required to like me. You ARE required to NOT go behind my back to be sneaky about me. You are required to refrain from digging pits in my path. You are required to defer to my judgment. My story is my own, I'll tell it if, and when, I want to. Whether or not I want to, it is NOT for you to do. I don't care that you're suprised that every time you create a little black rain cloud around me, a little black rain cloud is created around me. I don’t care that you think it’s a favor. I don’t care that you like to pretend that you are of good intent. Mind your business. We’ve had this conversation repeatedly for years. For years, you’ve watched, and often arranged for me to suffer, and atrophy, enough’s enough. There’s no excuse for you to continue to do as you’ve done. I’ve complained. Your refusal to defer to me, on matters of mine, does not make you a good person. Back all the way off me, right now.

I’ve already raised my voice, my hand is next.

No comments: