Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Funny

That line, “I think everybody knows that I’ve live through some challenging moments in my life” I think is derisive. I think it’s dismissive of anybody whose parents controlled the family television set during the days of her husband’s impeachment. It wasn’t about one singular affair. It was about a habit of the Clintons to use women as Kleenex. To lie about it under oath, only to later settle after the country took the hit. First Bill gets to have his way, and then Hillary gets to punish the women, somehow vindicating her faux feminist self. That said, it’s a funny line. She has so few. I disagree with the pundits who say that she can’t say it with Bill in the room. These are the Clintons; they have 35 years of experience in out-shaming the nation. Bill just has get caught laughing first, looking down with a sheepish, “gosh, I’m a bad boy” look on his face, and it’s still funny. For anybody old enough to get the joke.

No comments: