Saturday, July 28, 2007

Hillary's Jacket

So we're all abuzz about what John Edwards said about HRC's jacket. I asked my liberal friends to comment, and the prevailing sentiment was that Edwards had to say something negative, in order to respond to the question, so he chose something that didn't matter. I agree, but I don't think that should have been the end of the explanation. I still think Edwards and Clinton getting caught conspiring to limit the debates to all but the rich was a rookie mistake. I have friends who looked down at that opinion and reminded me that the Clintons are Machiavellian enough to have done that on purpose to get that into the conversation. I don't know which is true. Are the moderately funded candidates still allowed to participate with the overly-funded famous candidates? I think they should be allowed to the masses, I really do. The economy is okay, but most of us are not super-rich. I think that regular people with regular concerns should be heard, even if they don't have the deep pockets of the special interest groups. I think it's far too soon to exclude any ideas from the voters. All the candidates should have the opportunity to speak.

No comments: